National Conference on Biotechnology 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Biotechnology Association will conduct a conference on Biotechnology annually on regular basis in different aspect of Biotechnology. In 2014 the theme of the conference is on “Plant Biotechnology for economic Development”. The conference will held on Nov. 22 and 23 2014 in Kathmandu. Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) and SANN International College are the co-organizer of this conference.
Aims of the Conference
The aim of the conference is to support the development of Plant Biotechnology through
- Presentation of scientific papers by academic personals, students and professionals.
- Discussion of academic personals on the scientific development of plant biotechnology and its uses for the improvement of agriculture, forestry, medicine and industries
- Discussion of academicians and professionals for the commercial uses of plant biotechnology techniques for production of healthy and economical plants.
- Academic persons from University, government and research laboratories
- Government policy makers
- Professionals using plant biotechnology for commercial production of agricultural, horticultural and medicinal plants
- Students from universities
Key Note Speakers
1. Prof. Dr. L. Sreerama, Chair Chemistry Division, St Cloud State University, St Cloud, MN 56301, USA.
2. Prof. Dr. Choon Hwan Lee, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea.
- Plant tissue culture techniques
- Biomass and Biofuel
- Molecular characterization of plant and biodiversity conservation
- GM plants, their importance and ethical issues
- Application and commercialization of plant biotechnology
Submission of Abstract
The abstract should be not more than 250 words and must typed on 12 size in Times Roman font. Name of the Authors and their affiliation should be written first. The general presentation will be of 15 min duration including discussion. Abstract should come with the filled registration form where the author should mention whether his abstract will be presented as oral presentation or as poster. The scientific committee of the conference organizing committee will select the abstracts for presentation. In case of time constrains, the organizer may request the authors to opt for poster presentation.
Submission of full paper
The papers should be written concisely. Experimental methods should be explained in detail except for standard procedure. Illustration and tables should be limited to the truly essential material. All abbreviations used should be explained (FW: Fresh weight). Scientific names should be cited in their complete form when first mentioned with genus, species, cultivar (cv) or subspecies (ssp) where appropriate. Generic name should be subsequently abbreviated. Latin names should be typed in Italics. The paper should not exceed 15 printed pages. Each research paper should be divided into following elements: Title, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgement and References
Typing and printing the manuscript: The text should be typed in double spaced with font size 12 (Times New Roman). The manuscript should be printed in A4 pages with at least 2.5cm margins on all sides
For detail guideline, please refer the guideline for authors of Journal of Nepal Biotechnology Association
All interested participants are requested to fill the attached registration form and send it to conference secretariat within the dead line specified. Please send the abstract of your presentation mentioning the name of the presentor.
Rs…2,000/-………………………for Nepalese participants
Rs…1,000/-………………………for NBA members and Nepalese students.
Rs…5,000/-………………………for Institutional Participants.
US $ 150…………………………for Foreign participants.
US$ 50 ………………………… for SAARC countries participants
The registration fee includes transportation, bag of the workshop, proceeding of the workshop, certificate of attendance, social event, lunch box and coffee breaks.
English is the formal official language for this conference
Venue: Hall of National Trust for Nature Conservation(NTNC), Khumaltar, Kathmandu
Following Hotels are suggested for accommodation